|Phone: (609) 771-3153
Office: Social Science Building 312
Office Hours for Spring 2018:
Tuesdays/Fridays 12:30 – 1:50 pm, Wednesday by appointment
- Ph.D., Sociology, Princeton University
- M.A., Sociology, Princeton University
- B.A., Sociology and Biblical Studies, Wheaton College
- First Year Seminar: The Bible, America’s Bestselling Book
- Introduction to Sociology
- Religion & American Culture
- Education & American Culture
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Sociology Capstone Seminar
- Young Adults, Religion, Higher Education & American Culture
Current Research & Activities
The Twentysomething Soul: Understanding the Religious and Spiritual Lives of American Young Adults. A co-authored book with Kathleen Garces-Foley and Anthony Pogorelc, based on ethnographic and survey research supported by a Lilly Endowment grant to the Life Cycle Institute at Catholic University of America.
The First Year Out of College: Driven, Dazed, or Disillusioned? A future book based on data collected from recent university graduates in the USA, Australia, Canada, and Great Britain.
Clydesdale, Tim. 2015. The Purposeful Graduate: Why Colleges Must Talk to Students about Vocation. University of Chicago Press.
Clydesdale, Tim, editor. 2010. “Who Are Emerging Adults?” Changing Spirituality of Emerging Adults Project, http://archives.lib.cua.edu/findingaid/changspir.cfm, Catholic University of America.
Clydesdale, Tim. 2007. The First Year Out: Understanding American Teens after High School. University of Chicago Press.
Chambers, David L., Timothy T. Clydesdale, William C. Kidder, Richard O. Lempert. 2005. “The Real Impact of Eliminating Affirmative Action in American Law Schools: An Empirical Critique of Richard Sander’s Study.” Stanford Law Review. 57 (6): 1855-1898.
Clydesdale, Timothy T. 2004. “A Forked River Runs Through Law School: Toward Understanding Age, Gender, Race, and Related Gaps in Law School Performance and Bar Passage,” Law & Social Inquiry. 29:4 (711-770).